In Episode 3, Ed and Sara discuss the untimely passing of actor/comedian Robin Williams. Is this as big of a news story as the media is portraying it to be? Rush Limbaugh tries to steal the spotlight and make himself relevant again by creating controversy in regards to Robin Williams death. Ed and Sara also have a grim conversation on suicide.
Show Notes can be found at http://letstrashtalk.com/03
- Over 30,000 people in the U.S. die by suicide.
- Each year, there are almost twice as many suicides as homicides
- Over 90% of suicides are caused by mental illness and/or substance abuse
Studies indicate that the best way to prevent suicide is through the early recognition and treatment of depression and other psychiatric illnesses.
In crisis and in the U.S.? Call 800-273-TALK (Suicide Prevention Line)
Show Notes and Links
Read about the Golden Gate Bridge Net.
Learn about the anti-suicide walls being built for the George Washington Bridge.
We welcome and encourage feedback at http://letstrashtalk.com
- Comment on the ShowNotes
- Call (708) 872-7439 aka (708) TRASH-39
- Email [email protected] (audio files welcomed)
Connect With Us
Follow Ed on Twitter: @TurkeyFace77
Follow Sara on Twitter: @LetsTrashTalk