In Episode 12 of the Lets Trash Talk podcast, Ed and Sara discuss the latest news concerning the Ebola virus outbreak. Many listeners sent in their feedback concerning this frightening Ebola virus strain and the hosts answer the questions submitted. Ed and Sara talk about everything you need to know about the Ebola virus outbreak, such as the Ebola virus symptoms, how it’s spread, and how it can be prevented. They also weigh in on what they feel the governments of the world should be doing to solve this Ebola epidemic. All this and more on this episode of the Lets Trash Talk podcast.
Show Notes can be found at http://letstrashtalk.com/12
Show Notes and Links
The original Ebola quarantine in Texas has ended after 21 days.
The World Health Organization says Nigeria is Ebola free since no new cases after 42 days. 95% of Ebola virus cases show up within 21 days. However, 5% of Ebola cases can show up within as many as 42 days.
Doctor Craig Spencer, a Doctor Without Borders, has brought the Ebola virus to New York.
President Obama embraced the now Ebola-free nurse, Nina Pham, at the White House.
Ebola Signs and Symptoms
- Body aches
- Stomach pain
- Bleeding thru body openings, such as eyes, nose, ears, gums, anus, and private parts
- Vomiting blood
How is Ebola Spread?
- Ebola is spread thru direct, physical contact with body fluids like blood, saliva, feces, vomit, urine, semen, and sweat of an infected individual.
- The virus can also be spread by contact with a person who has died of Ebola.
- Although Ebola has flu-like symptoms, it is (supposedly) not spread thru the air.
Ebola Virus Prevention Tips
- Avoid areas of known outbreaks
- Wash your hands frequently
- Don’t handle remains of Ebola victims
- Avoid bush meat
- Follow infection-control procedures
Ebola Virus and the Zombie Apocalypse
News reports have been circulating that some Ebola victims have been seen resurrecting after supposedly being killed by the Ebola virus. Are these reports true?
In a life imitating art story, the novel World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War depicts North Korea acting decisively by sealing its borders and hustling its people into mysterious bunkers. On October 23, North Korea notified foreign tour operations that visitors are now banned. The reason given… Ebola.
We welcome and encourage feedback at http://letstrashtalk.com
Connect With Us
Follow Ed on Twitter: @TurkeyFace77
Follow Sara on Twitter: @LetsTrashTalk
Like us on Facebook: http://letstrashtalk.com/facebook